The City of Napa is in receipt of your November 11, 2019 Public Records Act request. City staff has identified responsive records to your request including the following documents listed below. You may view all of the responsive records by clicking on the link below.
• City of Napa Water Rate Schedule
• Council Meeting Public Hearing held 11/07/2017
• Water Capacity Fee Report 05/20/2015
• St Helena Amendment No 3
• Government Code 6254.16
• Water Capacity Fee Schedule
• Recycled Water Agreement 7247 with Napa Sanitation District
• City of Napa Master Fee Schedule effective Nov 1, 2019
In response to Item #1 of your request, governmental entities, including City of Napa water accounts, are billed using the same rate schedules as our non-governmental customers:
Fixed Service Charge is based on meter size. Water Quantity Charge is based on account type (e.g., Commercial, Irrigation) and location (Inside City, Outside City, Pumped Zone). Commercial account type includes institutional/government buildings.
Our current annual rate adjustment affects each customer’s billing period that begins on or after 10/1/19. Rates are listed in the 10/1/2019 column in the 5-year Rate Schedule (also located here: https://www.cityofnapa.org/606/Rate-Schedules).
The only exceptions to these standard retail rates for governmental accounts are:
• City of American Canyon, City of Calistoga – Treat & Wheel Rate under separate agreement, covers costs for us to treat their State Water Project supplies and send to them. Currently $4.17 per 1,000 gallons, with annual July 1 increases scheduled through 2022.
• City of St. Helena – Water Supply Agreement #9381 to provide them with a minimum delivery of 600 acre-feet per year. Current rate is $7.54 per 1,000 gallons, with annual July 1 increases scheduled in Amendment No. 3.
Please note that the City is sensitive to the release of utility records and in accordance with Government Code 6254.16 and therefore has not provided utility usage data. If this information is being requested, then please provide additional information in consideration of terms (a. through f.) in order for the City to determine if a justification exists to release such information and we would be happy to look into your request.
Water Capacity Fee (formerly called ‘Connection Fee’) would be charged for a new facility connecting to our system (see most recent fee study). Current Water Capacity Fees and other fees related to new service connections are summarized at:
In response to Item #2 of your request, the only water service the City provides without monetary charge for an external customer:
The Napa Sanitation District provides up to 16.3 million gallons of recycled water per year to the City owned JF Kennedy Park which offsets existing potable water use and, like a conservation offset program, reduces the water system need for supplies. The conservation benefit of up to 16.3 million gallons to the City water system is exchanged for the use of 3.6 million gallons of City potable water by the Napa Sanitation District for flushing and maintenance purposes from hydrant meters. If Napa Sanitation District exceeds the 3.6 million gallon limit the extra usage is charged at ‘Inside City Commercial’ rate per the City/Napa Sanitation District Recycled Water Agreement #7247.
You may also refer to the City’s Master Schedule of Fees effective November 1, 2019. Chapter 13.0 Water is up to date:
We trust that this satisfies your request and now consider it closed. Please let me know if you have any additional questions or concerns.
Deputy City Clerk