Documents, photos, emails, texts, videos, data and other records.

Everything in this request box will be displayed publicly if the agency makes your request public.


Who can see my personal information?

* Indicates required field


This portal is intended for requesting public records only. If you are seeking a response to a question, or general information, please contact the appropriate City department.

For Police Department records, please contact the Napa Police Department directly by calling 707-257-9573 or via email at for records requests.

The NextRequest platform is intended to facilitate public access to public records under the California Public Records Act (CPRA). Official records are held by City departments pursuant to governing document retention schedules. Please use the search function within our public document portal . You may likely find what you're looking for without having to submit a new request.


  • Do not put personal information such as your birth date, social security number or address in your pubic request.
  • For property searches, include the address and Assessor’s Parcel Number (APN), if known.
  • Be as specific as possible in your request.
  • Please include date ranges to help narrow the search.



For a copy of your arrest history, you must apply directly to the California Department of Justice. 


You are not required to include any contact information with a request, however if you submit an anonymous request you will not receive updates about your request.  City staff will also not be able to contact you if they need clarification on your request and it may be closed without a response. 

Records may also be requested in writing via email at, fax to (707) 257-9503, or mail to City Clerk, 955 School Street, Napa, CA 95559. The City Clerk's Office offers front desk service for walk-in requests in person from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. Simple requests for information may be obtained by phone by calling (707) 257-9503.

Responsive records will be delivered by posting to the online system unless another delivery method is requested.

Please contact the City Clerk's Office with questions or if you need assistance submitting your request.

Phone: 707-257-9503